DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA*
*Power4Bones is an educational program created for Alberta Grade 5 teachers and students by the Registered Dietitians at Dairy Farmers of Canada.
Highlights (see full Privacy Statement below)
This Privacy Statement outlines the information Dairy Farmers of Canada may collect and how we may use that information. This Privacy Statement applies only to Dairy Farmers of Canada websites that are intended for use by residents of Canada.
DFC values the trust of all individuals and recognizes that maintaining this trust requires that DFC be accountable in how it collects, protects and uses personal information.
II. Personally-Identifiable Information
Dairy Farmers of Canada will only collect personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth or e-mail address) if you provide it to us voluntarily. You can choose not to provide us with such information although this may sometimes affect your ability to participate in certain promotions, including offers of products samples or information or the sending of messages through some of our websites or interactive advertisements. It may also affect your ability to participate in DFC's educational programs.
III. Use of Personally-Identifiable Information
Dairy Farmers of Canada may collect and use your personally identifiable information to help us better understand your needs and how we may improve the products and services that we offer you and to contact you. Your information may be shared with agents or contractors of Dairy Farmers of Canada in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for Dairy Farmers of Canada. Otherwise, Dairy Farmers of Canada will not disclose your personally identifiable information to others without your consent. The information and promotions in Dairy Farmers of Canada's websites are directed at residents of Canada and are valid only in Canada unless otherwise indicated on the website. We may sometimes request that you verify you live in Canada so we can be assured that the response or information we provide to you is appropriate for your country of residence. There are circumstances where the use of personally identifiable information may be justified or permitted, or where Dairy Farmers of Canada is obliged to disclose such information, including where Dairy Farmers of Canada is required by law, order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other government tribunal; to protect the rights, privacy safety or property of others; or where the information is public.
Dairy Farmers of Canada endeavours to ensure that any personally identifiable information provided to us is kept accurate, current and complete for the purposes for which the information is used. Dairy Farmers of Canada keeps such information only as long as it is required and we destroy, delete or convert such information into an anonymous form when it is no longer required.
Consent of an individual is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation.
DFC will only ask for information about the individual that DFC needs and will only ask for it when DFC needs it. When DFC asks the individual for the information, DFC will explain to the individual why DFC needs it and what DFC is going to do with it. Depending upon the way in which the information is collected, this shall be done orally or in writing.
Consent may be obtained in any one of the following ways:
If you are under the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, please be sure to ask your parents or other responsible adult for permission before providing any personally identifiable information to us.
VI. Educational Programs
DFC recognizes the need to provide additional privacy protection for children who use our educational programs.
If you are under the age of 13 and participating in an educational program, you are not required to provide us with personal information. Students register for these programs through class code and ID, both of which are provided by the teacher. Students provide their first name only to facilitate student engagement and class management for the instructor.
If you are 13 years of age or older and participating in an educational program for middle and high school grades, you may be asked to provide DFC with personal information such as name, email address and phone number. This is for program specific purposes and optional. This information will be deleted at the end of the school year. DFC does not use any of its programs to market or advertise to children.
Dairy Farmers of Canada is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents or contractors of Dairy Farmers of Canada who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Dairy Farmers of Canada are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use such information for any other purpose.
VIII. Non-personally Identifiable Information Collected Automatically
We may collect information about you that is not personally-identifiable such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. In addition, when you view one of our websites, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. Cookies allow us to tailor a website or promotion to better match your interests or preferences.
We are also using the Google Analytics Advertising feature « Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting » in order to use non-personally identifiable demographic and interests data about our users collected through Google advertising products. We use this feature and this non-personally identifiable information to better tailor the content of our website to our users. At no time this non-personally identifiable information collected through the Google Analytics Advertising feature « Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting » will be merged by us with personally identifiable information unless you have expressly provided your consent in this respect.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising feature « Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting » by visiting Google's Ads Settings. Most Internet browsers also enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You may also set preferences regarding collection of cookies and/or tracking directly on your device. Please refer to your browser or device instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
IX. Contact Information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (addressed in the subject line to our "Chief Privacy Officer") if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any personally identifiable information we may have concerning you, or if you would like us to delete any personally identifiable information we may have concerning you.
Dairy Farmers of Canada reserves the right to revise this Privacy Statement at any time subject to applicable law.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
DAIRY FAMERS OF CANADA*
*Power4Bones is an educational program created for Alberta Grade 5 teachers and students by the Registered Dietitians at Dairy Farmers of Canada.
The term "Dairy Farmers of Canada" or "us" or "we" or "our" refers to the owner of this website. The term "you" or "your" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice to you. You should look at the terms regularly. Changes will not apply retroactively.
2. You may only use the website in accordance with these Terms. In particular, without limitation, you may not use this website:
Licensed Material/Intellectual Property
3. This website contains material which is owned or licensed by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, content as well as the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the website. Reproduction or re-distribution of any materials or content is prohibited other than for the purpose of downloading or copying of our teacher documents/website materials for educational purposes and provided that credit is provided to Dairy Farmers of Canada.
4. Using our website does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or in the materials or content you access. You may not use the services, materials or content from our website unless you obtain prior written permission from us. Furthermore, these Terms do not give you the right to use any branding or logos used in our materials or content. You also do not have the right to remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed on our website or displayed in or along with our materials or content.
Use of Website/Third Party Websites/Links
5. Do not misuse our website. For example, do not interfere with our website or try to access the website or its materials or content using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
6. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
7. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the material or content of the linked website(s).
8. You may need to open an account or register with us to access certain services, content or materials on our website. If so, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you, (ii) maintain the security of your password(s) and identification, (iii) maintain and promptly update your account or registration information and any other information you provide to us, and to keep it accurate and complete to, among other things, allow us to contact you, and (iv) be fully responsible for all use of your account or registration and for any actions that take place using your account or registration (v) receive occasional program specific emails to facilitate technical support, program specific reminders and evaluations, and program updating processes. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have up-to-date contact information for you. You may not set up an account or registration on behalf of another individual or entity unless you are authorized to do so.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
9. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA OFFERS THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION "AS IS" AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/INDEMITIES
10. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (THE "DFC PARTIES") BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES (OR TERMINATION THEREFOR FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE DFC PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE DFC PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES), FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE WEBSITE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
11. You agree to hold DFC Parties (as defined above) from and against any and all loss, expense, damages, and costs, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. Your warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive any termination for two years.
12. Your right to access and use the website or services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Terms. We may, at any time, (i) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to the website or services, or any portion of the website or services, for any reason, (ii) modify or change the website or services or any portion of the website or service and these terms or other policies governing the use of the website or services, for any reason, or (iii). Interrupt the operation of the website or services, or any portion of the website or services for any reason, all as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. Your access to, and use of, the website or services may be terminated by you or by us at any time and for any reason. The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions will survive any termination.
Entire Agreement/Governing Law
13. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of this website, including any services, materials, content or information, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website or services. If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will continue to apply.
14. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and any disputes relating to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.